Friday 28 October 2011

Cowl Trend

So yesterday I was driving around downtown Toronto. I much prefer walking...in the summer, but that's not the point.

As I was stuck in traffic waiting to get on to the highway, I had nothing else to do other than listen to some Italian music, curse the cyclists touching my car, and people watch. I noticed a gorgeous array of (mostly) women wearing splendid cowls. Long, short, and bulky, these cowls colouring the streets of Toronto made me so happy.

It was a bit curious, as I have had to explain to many people what, exactly a cowl is. So to see so many people wearing them made me kinda excited. They're becoming mainstream!!

If you, my lovely reader, was wondering what a cowl is, let me break it down for you again (in the words of Lauryn Hill). A cowl is a neckwarmer. Ever looked at or bought a sweater or top with a "cowl neck"? It's kind of a slouchy neckline, with the fabric gently draping over the chest area. It is not v-neck, or scoop, or boat-neck...as it is not structured. It usually hangs at or below the collar bone, and tends to be quite flattering.

A cowl, therefore, has the same draping effect, but it's goal is to warm the neck and upper chest in a non-structured and effortless way. There are a million and one different types of cowls...in a million and one different types of fabrics. It's just a matter of finding one that suits you.

Check out my website: http://www.facebook.com/thelittlecowlcompany for an idea of what types of cowls I create!

No comments:

Post a Comment