Tuesday 11 December 2012

Swap...chocolate edition!

Happy two-weeks till Christmas!

Recently I decided to participate in another swap, all through Ravelry.com (hands down my favourite website in the whole world). It was with the "Caffeine Addicts" group again - since  coffee is truly the most beautiful gift one can give and receive. It is the gift that keeps on giving. It is relief on an early morning, comfort in frustrating times...it's basically the drinkable equivalent to a hug.

I didn't have a lot of time to prepare for the swap - as we had about two weeks to make and ship our packages, and I was in the middle of preparing for a HUGE artisan show here in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). I made my tried and tested comfy squishy cowl in a lovely alpaca, wool and acrylic blend yarn from Italy. I had a bit of leftover, and decided to make a matching coffee traveller mug cozy in the same material and pattern (I thought it would be cute...like a mini-me cowl!).

Based on some quick questions to my swap partner, I chose a lovely hand-dyed New Zealand wool in jewel/autumn tones, some Italian chocolate (I'm biased to my own, if I'm gonna be honest here), and some tasty coffee. Here is the link to the picture of what I sent..


Now, let's get serious. What I got in return was INSANE. Just ridiculously luxurious and thoughtful and downright spectacular. Let's start with the top left and work our way clockwise. Sit down, if you're not already. This is gonna get good.

YARN. Kettle dyed, sustainably produced chunky yarn. I'm not sharing, nor am I knitting something for someone else with this. Next, Amish Pumpkin butter. It's almost gone. I made scones. Beside that is probably the second best coffee that has ever touched my lips. Second of course to some coffee truck on Wall Street a few years ago, but that's besides the point. Next (you're looking at the centre-right now), is lots of chocolate, pretty little tissue pack, and a card describing everything. Bottom right, you're looking at my very own pair of Raccoon fingerless mitts, tails and everything. I am currently obsessed, and wearing them now since it's pretty cold in this office of mine. Bottom centre, Chocolate cook book. My boyfriend will be happy, since I have made it my life's mission to prepare every single thing in that book. Last but definitely not least, a local magazine from St. Louis, Missouri. 



If you, dear reader, are a knitter or crocheter, and not currently on Ravelry.com, I highly recommend it. Not only do you get to interact with fellow crafters', but you get the opportunity to participate in so many different things, help with patterns, yarns, stores, and well, it's just paradise.

I'm off for now, I will check back after Christmas and keep you all updated on my Knitting Group Swap and other knitting adventures I find myself in!

Signing off,

Little Miss Cowl Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment