Wednesday 14 December 2011

Potterphiles - BEWARE!

This has been a very long time coming...and it is finally here. My first Harry Potter themed cowl!

I had a request from a colleague to knit up a cowl for his daughter's birthday. He asked if I was familiar with the Harry Potter books and movies. I instantly reddened, thinking to myself, "if only he knew". I politely nodded, and said, well "yes, of course". He asked me knit up a cowl in one of the house colours. Now, your instinct might be similar to mine. I thought he would want a Gryffendor cowl for his daughter. No no, he corrected me. His daughter falls under the He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named catagory of fans. Yes, my little cowlards: he wanted a Slytherin cowl.

Feel free to substitute the colours I mention for those of your favorite house. I personally like Hufflepuff just because the colours are cool - but will always be Gryffendor.

Here's the pattern for the now-infamous Slytherin Cowl:

Materials:

US 15 (10.00mm) circular needles
Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick - Charcoal
Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick - Pine

Pattern:

Cast on 50 stitches with Charcoal
Place marker, and join in the round
K1 P1 and repeat for 4 rounds

Knit the next 4 rounds in Charcoal
Switch to Pine, and knit 4 rounds
Switch back to Charcoal, and knit 4 rounds
Switch to Pine, and knit 6 rounds
Switch to Charcoal, and knit 4 rounds
Switch to Pine, and knit 4 rounds
Switch to Charcoal, knit 4 rounds
K1 P1 for the final 4 rounds

Bind off!
If you want to get really creative, you can stitch in the "Dark Mark" for added evil.
Simple, no?


1 comment:

  1. So glad to find your blog Jordana! Nice to know another blogger. Great job on your knitting. Thanks for sharing your patterns.
    I am happy to be your newest follower.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete