Thursday 4 July 2013

Little Ms Cowl Co has some news for you!

Welcome back, darling followers!

I have been M.I.A for quite a bit, but will update you on all the fun of the past few months.

Shortly after my last post, I got engaged! My fiance' popped the question on our anniversary - something he said he would never do (sneaky...I didn't expect it at all!). I have been in full wedding planning mode ever since - hence my absence. I have tried to finish my Work-In Progress(es) throughout that time though, in the vain hopes of giving me sanity throughout the aggressive process of wedding preprations.

*Drum roll please* The boyfriend scarf is DONE! Ok, it became "the fiance' scarf" - but it is complete nonetheless. I finished it with less than 6 inches of yarn left over, so it is as long as possible. Mr. Little-Cowl-Co-to-be loves it, even if it is July. He better, since I'm pretty sure I will never knit him another scarf again. It was one of the most painful projects I have ever endured, however I must say, the pain was worth it: the scarf is beautiful. The material, pattern and texture are quite complimentary to each other, and the scarf looks great on him.

I have picked up my "On the Hudson Cowl" again. I put it on the back burner for a bit because I found an error in my stitches, and did not have the courage to tink it out. During one of my knit nights with my knitting group, I was encouraged and managed to correct the error - while only tinking one part of the pattern.

I'm continuing it - and am happy to say there is quite a bit of yarn left over (enough for another cowl or two!). The colours are beautiful - and I will post a picture as soon as it's complete.

In other news, my dear friend is getting married on the same day as the annual Bindertwine Festival in Kleinburg, ON. I will not have a booth - but will get to witness one of my dearest friends tie the knot! I will be working away on cowls and headbands for the Vaughan of a Kind show, which is usually held around Christmas time. Last year was unorganized (my booth was beside another booth selling knit cowls), chaotic and not a kind experience to me, so I must have hope that this year will be better.

I will post pics of all finished objects (FOs) ASAP!

Much love,

Little Ms Cowl Co.

1 comment:


  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog with us. Nice post with great information and it is indeed informative and useful.

    Buy Overbust Corsets Online

    ReplyDelete